Friday, July 29, 2011

Jobs suck

   I realize this economy sucks and everything, but why do people have to be so rude when you are applying to their company for a job? I don't understand how a person can just be like that to someone who honestly needs the money. I am getting sick of searching and applying and being told I can't have the job because I'm not 18 yet, or I'm not outgoing enough or wtf ever. I just so sick of it!
   I applied to a store in my area that is pretty much perfect in every way and is very dim on the inside. I thought, "Well I hear people get paid a lot here n what not" so I applied online, and waited to hear back from them.
   Now I know you're supposed to call the places yourself to show that you have initiative in your life, but I kind of forgot who to call, since I had applied to so many places...
   But anyway, they called me about a week ago, and I had the interview this past tuesday. I thought it went okay. I didn't think I said anything that would make them not want me, I actually said the perfect things that I wouldn't normally say if I wanted to act like myself. Which is pretty much what you're supposed to do in an interview. if I was truthful, I would've told her about my horrible attendance at school (I mean, HORRIBLE), my social anxiety (and I was applying for a cashier job) and even the fact that I didn't have my license yet. Well of course I said none of these things.
   Maybe it was because I didn't dress up enough for a fucking retail job (which I think I looked pretty nice that day anyway) or maybe it was because I wasn't an overly perky slut or a troublemaker which are the only people they seem to hire(Which I seriously just dont understand why), or maybe she was just a cruel person who loved to see innocent teens suffer.
   I DONT GET IT, but of course I get an email today telling me that "This job isn't the right one for you". I was so pissed, I just couldn't believe it. The only place that will hire me is a dirty fast food place with people who are known for hooking up in the back closet. Oh believe me, I've heard stories.
   I hate everyone.
-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment